Thursday, December 8, 2011

Krogering!

This morning, after depositing the boys at school, I needed to pick up a few things. I don't know why I decided to stop at Kroger instead of my usual supermarket of choice, Meijer, but I'm so glad I did. Here's why:
  1. Kroger's frozen food aisles have lights that turn on and off as you walk by, much like the lighted tiles underneath Michael Jackson's feet in his "Billie Jean" video. Call me a dork, but this little experience totally made me feel like a rock star, even if I was wearing yesterday's dirty jeans and I hadn't showered yet.
  2. Kroger's store brand shredded cheese products feature pictures of families. Mom, Dad, and child(ren) are pictured, strolling through wheat (or corn, I can't remember) fields towards a farmhouse. What this has to do with cheese is beyond me. What it did force me to do was reconsider my dinner plans for the evening. You see, the families are pictured with their backsides to the customer, and naturally, I can't buy finely shredded sharp cheddar cheese if the Mr. Reduced Fat Mozzarella has a nicer ass.
  3. The whole Kroger savings card concept. My order came to over $80, but with a quick Harry Potter-like swipe of my Kroger card, I was down to $40. Yeah, I know, I'd probably only be paying $40 if I were at Meijer, but I wouldn't know what "lowerumium priceosa" means. 
I don't think I'll make Kroger my primary supermarket, but I'll definitely stop in there more often.



No comments:

Post a Comment