Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Anger

I opened the mail today only to receive a not-so-nice letter.

We're being sued.

Hubby rear-ended another driver on M-24 during his evening commute. This was back in May. Our car was totaled, but both drivers walked away uninjured, or so we thought.

This can't be happening, I thought. I saw pictures of the accident. Our car took the brunt of the damage. Either the other driver is a gigantic pansy or he's in desperate need of money. The firm representing the other driver is notorious for being an ambulance-chaser.

Our insurance company is recommending that we retain our own attorney, since the possible damages exceed our coverage. WTF?

As I read that, my blood boiled over with anger. Does this man realize what he is doing to us? That we have two little mouths to feed, backs to clothe, brains to send to college, sets of dreams to fulfill?

Probably not.   

But I also realized that this man probably doesn't have the faith that will get us through this crisis. And suddenly, I felt a lot less angry.








No comments:

Post a Comment